I’m exhausted from my week but excited to share one of this week’s dinner creations; lemon spaghettini with spinach, asparagus and sundried tomato. It’s a fresh and spring-like recipe that is perfect for weeknights when you are short on time. I’m all about simplicity and you can’t get much easier than lemon juice and olive oil with sautéed green veggies. I threw some pine nuts on top to fancy it up and YUM.
Lemon Spinach & Asparagus Spaghettini
- spaghettini (enough for 2 servings)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3-4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tsp lemon juice, 3 tsp olive oil (or more added at 2:1 ratio)
- 2 sundried tomato in oil, chopped
- pine nuts to garnish
- Bring pot with salted water to a boil and add spaghettini (follow package directions to cook).
- At the same time heat garlic and chopped asparagus to a pan over medium heat with 2 tsp olive oil.
- When asparagus is bright green but still crunchy add spinach and saute until spinach is cooked and asparagus is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta once cooked, add lemon juice and olive oil to taste at 2:1 ratio. Mix in cook spinach and asparagus, chopped sundried tomato and top with pine nuts.
Happy Spring! (I feel like it’s finally almost here!!)