Ok, so on to these banana cauliflower muffins. Yes, still going with this hidden vegetable theme 😀 trust me, you won’t be able to detect cauliflower in these muffins. (Unless you don’t blend it well enough – you might end up with chunks – so make sure you blend blend BLEND that cauliflower!).
However even if you can’t quite liquefy the cauliflower, any chunky bits will soften while cooking so unless you’re really inspecting each mouthful of muffin, I still don’t think you’re going to notice there’s cauliflower in these 😉
I topped these muffins with a peanut butter icing because, what goes better with bananas than peanut butter?! The peanut butter icing was so easy – it’s just peanut butter, stevia and water. Easy but soooo good. So if cauliflower muffins aren’t your thing, definitely keep that peanut butter icing in mind to use with something else. Or just eat it by the spoonful
(like I did 😀 ).
Banana Cauliflower Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbs stevia
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tbs unhulled tahini
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix the oat flour, stevia, bicarb and poppy seeds in a large bowl.
- Blend the bananas, cauliflower and tahini until smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Spoon into a muffin tray and bake for 45 mins.
- Let cool before icing.