This sweet potato lentil flour pizza crust is a delicious healthy spin on vegan & gluten free pizza.
The all-time most popular recipe on the blog is this lentil pizza crust. I don’t even know how that happened. That pizza crust was a totally spontaneous creation. Something that I noticed was that a few people were finding that pizza crust by searching for “lentil flour pizza crust”. That prompted me to make a pizza crust with lentil flour, instead of red lentils.
This pizza crust was super easy to make too. Just 3 ingredients (no prizes for guessing which ingredients 😉 ), mashed together and baked. I topped this pizza with a chunky olive spread (I was aiming to make an olive tapenade but didn’t have enough olives, so it turned out chunky…still delish though), capiscums, avocado and basil. So so tasty!
Sweet Potato Lentil Flour Pizza Crust
- 1 cup red lentil flour (tip: make your own by blending approx 1½ cups dry red lentils into a flour)
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix the lentil flour and bicarb soda.
- Mash in the sweet potato and combine well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Press the mixture onto the paper (it will be a bit wet and sticky) into the size of a pizza base.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Top with your desired toppings!