I made a pretty basic modification to my 5 ingredient lemon cheesecake – I left out the lemon and added mango. And that’s it. Just almonds and medjool dates for the base, and mango, bananas and coconut oil for the cheesecake. It sounds pretty stupid calling it a cheesecake actually, it doesn’t even resemble cheese at all, haha! Maybe “mango nicecream cake” would be a more appropriate name…whatever you want to call it, it is a deliciously cool dessert.
I love using bananas as a base for “cheesecakes” – they add sweetness and give the perfect creamy texture, without being fatty or rich in calories. Despite there being more bananas than mango in this cake, the bananas are not overpowering – it tastes like mango!
Raw Vegan Mango Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 mango
- Add almonds to food processor and blend until coursely chopped.
- Add pitted dates and blend until a sort of dough forms.
- Press this into the bottom of a small dish lined with baking paper (about 3 inches by 8 inches).
- Don't bother cleaning out the food processor – add the coconut oil, bananas and mango and blend until smooth.
- Pour this over the top of the base.
- Freeze for 3 hours before slicing and serving.
- Keep uneaten portions in the freezer.