This delicious chocolate orange oatmeal recipe. I have a thing for chocolate & orange at the moment. It is my current favourite flavour combination…I just can’t get enough! Sweet citrus mixed with the slight bitterness of cacao…it’s a foodgasm, right there.
Choc-orange porridge recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbs orange zest
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- (Optional: fresh fruit to serve)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the water is all absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, serve with fresh fruit or other toppings as desired.