With the first day of December comes the first holiday recipe; vegan chocolate candy cane pretzel bark! Think of it of as a salted caramel hot chocolate getting together with a peppermint mocha…a chocolaty, heavenly marriage of salty and sweet! I seriously recommend making this over the holidays to share with your family and friends…otherwise if you make it on an average weekday after work…you WILL end up eating the entire recipe yourself (I speak from experience!). This recipe is super easy to make; you simply combine melted chocolate chips, pretzels and crushed candy canes, let the bark-to-be chill in the fridge then take out your anger by breaking it all up into delicious somewhat bite-size pieces. To make sure it’s vegan just check the ingredients of the chocolate, pretzels and candy canes before you start.
Chocolate CandyCane Pretzel Bark
- 2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup broken pretzels
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes + more to sprinkle on top
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat using a double-boiler. To make a double-boiler with a pot and a metal bowl, fill a medium pot with approx 1 inch of water and set the metal bowl over the pot. The bottom of the bowl shouldn’t touch the water. Stir the chocolate chips intermittently as they melt.
- Add broken pretzels and candycane to the bowl of melted chocolate and stir.
- Pour onto a baking tray covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle more crushed candy cane on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30min or until chocolate is hard.
- Break bark into pieces and enjoy. I find it’s best to keep the bark refrigerated.
I’m now officially counting down the days until my Christmas vacation…. more holiday recipes to come!