Today we are sharing our favourite oatmeal cookies, which also happen to be pretty darn healthy. These little guys are vegan, gluten-free and have no refined sugar added; simple yet satisfying. Oatmeal, Chocolate, Banana and Cinnamon = the DREAM TEAM!
There’s also a little bit of coconut oil in there (because you know even the dream team needs help sometimes). I like using coconut oil in baking as a substitute for butter, shortening or vegetable oil; it tolerates high heat better and lends a nice richness to the cookies without them feeling heavy. However, if you want an oil-free version you can definitely try substituting applesauce. Then you really could have these cookies for breakfast!
Also, I’m so excited to finally use our new dishes in food photography 🙂 Aren’t they pretty? We finally upgraded from the Ikea dishes I bought about a thousand years ago and I’m in love with these new ones.
The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 medium bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/8 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium bowl and mix well until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into approx 10 cookie shapes (form balls, then flatten them down a little).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.