Thai-inspired noodles with a spicy peanut sauce. Vegan, delicious, and quick to make for a tasty lunch or an easy dinner.
This has become a favourite for lunch for me and my eldest son. (The younger children aren’t too keen on the spiciness). We started off buying some pre-packaged thai spicy peanut noodles & sauce, which tasted amazing, but the ingredients list was not so amazing (too many additives for my liking…). So I made it my mission to recreate these noodles, but with a healthier ingredients list.
Spicy peanut noodles
Soooo good. These spicy peanut noodles are:
- Ready in about 10 minutes
- Satisfyingly creamy
- Extra tasty
- Full of wholesome ingredients
The recipe is at the end of this post!
But first, just a bit of an update about what’s been going on in my life for the past few months that I have been neglecting my blog ;) I’ve had two massive events happen in my life:
- My baby girl was born! We welcomed Nyx into our life on the 8th February. I was so shocked when she was born – I was convinced I was having another boy baby. But now we have two boys and two girls, and our family feels complete :)
- I finished my herbal medicine studies! Woohoo! I am now qualified to be a herbalist – meaning I can help clients reach their health goals with the assistance of herbal medicine, as well as through diet and lifestyle. I am really excited about moving into this new chapter of my life!
Now, on to the recipe >>>
- 90g dry udon noodles
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 red chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medjool date
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Cook the noodles according to the packet directions.
- Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Drain the cooked noodles and return to the saucepan, add the sauce.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes while stirring until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!