This sweet potato lentil flour pizza crust is a delicious healthy spin on vegan & gluten free pizza.
The all-time most popular recipe on the blog is this lentil pizza crust. I don’t even know how that happened. That pizza crust was a totally spontaneous creation (which my husband wasn’t a fan of, to be honest!) but this is proof that just because my husband doesn’t like something, doesn’t mean that no-one else will ;)
Something that I noticed was that a few people were finding that pizza crust by searching for “lentil flour pizza crust”. That prompted me to make a pizza crust with lentil flour, instead of red lentils.
Lentil flour pizza crust with sweet potato
This pizza crust was super easy to make too. Just 3 ingredients (no prizes for guessing which ingredients ;) ), mashed together and baked. I topped this pizza with a chunky olive spread (I was aiming to make an olive tapenade but didn’t have enough olives, so it turned out chunky…still delish though), capiscums, avocado and basil. So so tasty!
There’s another reason I’m posting a pizza recipe today. Today, me and Bianca at Elephantastic Vegan are throwing a #veganpizzaparty on Instagram! Our party is going to run for the next 4 weeks, and we would LOVE you to join in too. Simply post a photo of a vegan pizza you’ve made, tag @viedelavegan and @elephantasticvegan and use the hashtag #veganpizzaparty – we’ll be featuring your pizzas over the next 4 weeks <3
- Instagram feed not found.
If you haven’t seen red lentil flour before, you can find it here. In Australia, you can find McKenzie’s Red Lentil Flour at Coles, Woolworths and IGA stores. Alternatively, you can always make your own by blending dried red lentils in a high speed blender or food processor :) (I’m not sure how other lentil flours would go in this recipe but I’d say they will have similar results).
- 1 cup red lentil flour (tip: make your own by blending approx 1½ cups dry red lentils into a flour)
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1½ cups cooked sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix the lentil flour and bicarb soda.
- Mash in the sweet potato and combine well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Press the mixture onto the paper (it will be a bit wet and sticky) into the size of a pizza base.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Top with your desired toppings!
Other pizza recipes on the blog…
I love reading your comments <3
- What are your favourite pizza toppings?
- Have you made anything with lentil flour? (Feel free to link to your recipes with lentil flour! I’d love to try them out!)