Have you guys been following along the #bestofveganburger competition on Instagram? It’s been inspiring me to make more burgers these past few weeks. In fact, it inspired me to make these spicy Mexican burgers.
Spicy Mexican Burgers
As you probably know, I planned to eat a lot of Mexican meals this week. So with a big bowl full of cooked black beans in my fridge, I decided to make some Mexican themed burgers one day for lunch. Well, they turned out so good that I made them again for lunch the next day. And then for dinner as well! Because not only were they so delicious, they were incredibly easy to make! Win-win, right?
By the way – today is the LAST DAY you can download your FREE copy of my new ebook Hide & Seek Vegetables! I’d love for you to have a copy – because I made this ebook for YOU. Yes, you ;)
(If you’re having trouble downloading from the Amazon.com store, please check out this post).
And if you download it and you LOVE it, it would mean a lot to me if you could leave a review on Amazon! <3
- 1 cup black beans (cooked/canned & drained)
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten free if needed)
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan (I use cast iron) over medium heat.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and purée until smooth.
- Spoon approx 1-2 tbs of mixture into frying pan and shape into a pattie with the back of a spoon.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make about 8 patties.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, flip and fry on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve in a tortilla with avocado, capsicum, parsley (or cilantro, if you love it), and a vegan nacho cheese sauce.
I love reading your comments <3
- Were you inspired by the #bestofveganburger competition?
- What is something quick you’ve been making for lunch lately?
- What would you make with a bowl full of black beans?