Carrot orange chia pudding
The humble carrot is a very rich source of vitamin A (this recipe alone will provide you with over 100% of your daily vitamin A requirement!). Carrots also provide your body with good amounts of fibre, vitamin C and K, potassium. Why not start your day off with with a serve of carrot in your chia pudding?
Also, did you know that vitamin A is fat soluble? This means you should consume some fat with those carrots so your body can absorb the vitamin A efficiently. Luckily, I’ve got you covered with that too – chia seeds are a great source of GOOD fats. The 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in this recipe will provide you with 9g of fat (mostly polyunsaturated fat).
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 small carrot, chopped roughly
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- Optional: sweetener of choice, such as 1-2 dates
- Coconut cream or yoghurt, more cinnamon, fresh fruit, granola
- In a high speed blender, blend the juice, carrot and cinnamon (and sweetener, if using) until smooth.
- Pour into a jar or small bowl.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Leave to rest for about an hour, or until thickened.
- Top with your favourite optional toppings and enjoy!
More chia pudding recipes…
I love reading your comments!
- Have you tried sneaking a vegetable into chia pudding yet?
- What are your favourite chia pudding flavours?