Hello there! This week in Australia it has been soooo hot. Today it reached 39C here in Tamworth – I had the air conditioner going all day, which is so rare for me…I usually try to just deal with the heat because I hate big electricity bills :/ and one of the ways I like to deal with the heat is by eating nicecream. Like this watermelon nicecream I made this week :D
I bought a huge watermelon this week but when I got it home and slice into it, I realised it was overripe…the centre was kind of floury? I don’t know how to describe it, it just had this weird texture. I don’t mind eating it, but the rest of the family isn’t keen on this watermelon. So how am I going to devour this 12kg watermelon by myself?!
One night I decided to freeze some watermelon chunks to make some watermelon nicecream in the morning. Best. Idea. Ever. I simply blended up some frozen deseeded watermelon with a bit of coconut cream and lime juice, and it was super tasty! A very cool breakfast :D you could add some sweetener if you like (maple syrup, stevia) and mint would also be a refreshing addition!
As for the rest of the watermelon (I’ve got about half of it left), apart from eating it, I’m thinking I’ll freeze some more to make more of this nicecream, and I’ll juice some when I do a mini juice cleanse on Monday.
- Approx 3 cups frozen deseeded watermelon chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200ml coconut cream
- Optional: sweetener to taste
- Add all ingredients to your high speed blender.
- Blend, using the tamper to push the chunks towards the blades, until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
More vegan icecream recipes:
What do you think? I’d love to hear your comments!
- What’s the weather like in your part of the world?
- How would you eat 12kg of watermelon?
- Do you love nicecream for breakfast on hot mornings?
- Instagram feed not found.