My kids have been bugging me for weeks now to make popsicles. I usually just blend some fruit to make tasty & healthy popsicles, just like how I made these watermelon popsicles. Or fruitsicles, I like to call them :)
So of course, my kids were very happy when they saw me making these :D however, they weren’t too happy when I told them the fruitsicles had to freeze for a few hours before they could eat them (kids these days are so used to instant gratification!). But these were definitely worth the wait :)
Aside from the freezing time, these fruitsicles are super quick to make. Just blend the watermelon, pour in popsicle molds. Blend the banana (plus spirulina to get that green “watermelon rind” colour) and scoop on top of the watermelon. That should take you less than 5 minutes (even with 3 kids buzzing around the kitchen!). Pop in the freezer and try to wait patiently :)
- 1 cup fresh watermelon chunks
- 1 banana
- ½ tsp spirulina (I used tropical flavoured, but unflavoured would work just as well)
- Puree the watermelon in your high speed blender or handheld blender.
- Pour the watermelon evenly before 4 popsicle molds.
- Puree the banana with the spirulina and scoop carefully on top of the watermelon puree.
- Freeze for 1 hour before adding popsicle sticks, then freeze for another 2 hours or until solid.
- Keep in the freezer.
- If the fruitsicles become stuck in the popsicle mold, run the mold under hot water for a few seconds until the fruitsicles become loose.
I’m sharing these fruitsicles at Healthy Vegan Fridays <3
I’d love to hear from you!
- What are your favourite fruits to make as “fruitsicles”?
- What are your favourite healthy treats?
- What is your favourite summer fruit? (Watermelon is my current favourite, so cheap and juicy!)