Today’s VeganMoFo prompt is:
10. Something blue.
Well, today I’m going to be a total rebel and not follow the prompt. It’s actually ironic that today’s prompt would be “something blue”, as exactly 1 year ago my daughter was born. “Something pink” would have been more fitting!
So today I’m bringing you “something pink”. These heart shaped strawberry cheesecakes, made for my daughter’s first birthday today.
I considered making her some blueberry cheesecakes instead but do you think I could find some blueberries that weren’t imported from Chile? Unfortunately not.
However, I hope I still get partial credit by garnishing the cheesecakes with blue flowers ;)
Happy Birthday Vani <3
- 1½ cups roasted almonds
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted
- 250g strawberries
- 3 bananas
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Optional toppings: edible flowers, fresh strawberries, chocolate drizzle
- Blend the almonds and dates together in a high speed blender until the mixture comes together like a dough.
- Press into a silicone (or lined) tray/muffin tray.
- Blend the strawberries, bananas and coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the base in the tray.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until solid.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.
You can make a chocolate drizzle by combining equal parts of cacao powder, coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
Sharing this yummy dessert with Healthy Vegan Friday and #freefromfridays <3
- VeganMoFoers: did you struggle to make something blue today too?