Today’s VeganMoFo prompt is:
22. Make a dish using all seasonal produce.
I feel like I wasn’t really too creative for this prompt. I started by going to my garden…harvesting what I could find…then chucked it all together to make a spring spinach salad, haha.
Seasonal spinach salad
I mean, could you get much more “seasonal” than produce straight from your garden? I harvested some baby spinach, snow peas and borage flowers – the lime and avocado weren’t from my garden unfortunately (maybe one day I will have an avocado tree and lime tree…one day…). The spinach salad is just screaming SPRING to me :)
This spinach salad was fresh and crisp, a refreshingly light salad after a winter of comfort foods (like gnocchi and ravioli). I’m really feeling the need to eat light foods now – bring on the nicecream for breakfast! I dressed the salad really simply with just the juice of half a lime – fresh and zingy :)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado
- 50g snow peas
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup borage flowers (optional but recommended)
- Roughly chop the spinach.
- Dice the avocado.
- Top and tail the snow peas and chop into inch-sized pieces.
- Combine vegetables in a bowl, dress with the lime juice.
- Top with the borage flowers.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled for a day*.
Please leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you :)
- What’s in your garden at the moment?
- Do you enjoy edible flowers? I’d love to know your favourites!