Today is the first day of Vegan Month of Food – also known as VeganMoFo. What is this VeganMoFo, I hear you ask? Basically an international event of bloggers who pledge to post daily (or as much as possible) during September about vegan food.
This year is my first year participating, and I’m really excited about bringing you daily posts based on the daily prompts.
Today’s prompt is all about my breakfast. Well, as I’m trying to be super organised for VeganMoFo, I’m actually writing this post a few days before September 1 – but if you want to see what I had for breakfast today, check out my Instagram:
But, I do have a breakfast recipe to share with you that I made a few days ago! This delicious chocolate orange oatmeal recipe. I have a thing for chocolate & orange at the moment. It is my current favourite flavour combination…I just can’t get enough! Sweet citrus mixed with the slight bitterness of cacao…it’s a foodgasm, right there.
Oatmeal everyday <3
Oats are probably my favourite breakfast lately. I’m rather set in my morning routine – I get up, make some herbal tea, shower, drink herbal tea, go for a 30 minute jog, then eat a big bowl of oatmeal. It’s so filling and nourishing after a busy morning of exercise!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbs orange zest
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1½ tbs cacao powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- (Optional: fresh fruit to serve)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the water is all absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, serve with fresh fruit or other toppings as desired.
- VeganMoFoers – what did you have for breakfast today?
- Are you a fan of oatmeal for breakfast?
- Chocolate & orange…yay or nay?