Today’s VeganMoFo prompt is:
3. Quick, easy and delicious
The quickest, easiest and most delicious recipe that I make like, nearly every day lately, are these no bake chocolate oatmeal bars. You guys. These little bars of healthy deliciousness are like little fudgy pieces of heaven.
Sometimes I complicate the recipe a bit. These no bake chocolate oatmeal bars can be adapted so easily. Sometimes I add peppermint extract. Or strawberry extract. Or coconut. Or peanut butter. Or orange juice & rind. Soooo many things you could do!
But this is the base recipe. My secret formula.
My husband has seriously asked for this recipe (in some form or other) EVERY night for about a month now. And I don’t mind making it for him every night, because it takes like 2 minutes. And it’s sugar free – my husband is a sugar fiend, he eats a bag of lollies nearly every night, unless I make him some healthy sugar-free treat like this ;)
Quick, easy, delicious. And healthy.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup almonds
- 3 tbs cacao powder
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 2-3 tbs water, or as needed
- Blend the oats, almonds and cacao in a high speed blender until fine.
- While blending, drop in the dates, one at a time.
- Use the tamper if needed.
- Add a bit of water to help it come together like a dough (don't worry if you add too much, the oats will absorb it!).
- Scoop out of the blender and into a small tray (mine was 3 inches by 6 inches) and press down.
- Cut into bars or squares.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container*.
Comment below and tell me:
- VeganMoFoer’s: what did you share for today’s prompt?
- What would your favourite variation of these bars be?