Ok, so I’m not an American. Or even live in America. To be completely honest, I have no claim to celebrate Independence Day at all.
But that hasn’t stopped me from making this festive fruity red, blue & white fruit pizza! It’s hard not to be inspired (or peer-pressured) when there’s red, white & blue foods popping up all over the blogosphere.
Like this super easy coconut cream parfait from Kimmy at Rock My Vegan Socks:
Or this mouthwatering raw berry almond tart from Amy at Fragrant Vanilla Cake:
Or this yoghurt parfait from Sam at PancakeWarriors (loving that granola CRUNCH in the middle!):
Yum. Just look at all those berries! Can you see why I couldn’t resist making my own patriotic dessert fruit pizza?
Although I intended this to be a dessert pizza, my toddler and I ended up eating it for breakfast. Toddler approved!
- ¾ inch thick slice of watermelon
- 150g coconut yoghurt
- 3 large strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Slice the watermelon into triangles.
- Spread some yoghurt onto the top of each triangle.
- Quarter the strawberries, and place on top of the yoghurt along with the blueberries.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled for a few hours.
Sharing this recipe at #freefromfridays, Healthy Vegan Fridays and the Plant-Based Potluck <3
- What are you doing to celebrate this weekend?
- Do you like to eat dessert for breakfast? Or breakfast for dessert? (I’ll admit to doing both!)