Ahh wedges. They are so much fancier than potato chips (or fries, if that’s what you call them). Whenever presented with the option, I would always opt for wedges. There’s just something above that crisp, flavourful coating. They make regular fries seem bland!
I made these wedges recently as something a bit different to go with our dinner. It was just one of those spur of the moment things – as I scanned my spice rack, I thought, how nice would garam masala wedges be?! I love garam masala, it’s one of my favourite spice blends. If you’ve never heard of garam masala before (say what?) you should really try it. It’s an aromatic blend of cumin, coriander, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, black pepper, and sometimes other spices like fennel and star anise. So. Good. You can usually pick it up from grocery stores, or you can make your own.
As we ate dinner, my husband proclaimed these were the best wedges he’d ever had. And judging by the rate that the family ate their share of wedges, I’d say we all agreed!
Crispy. Bursting with flavour. Very more-ish.
- 6 potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp sea salt, freshly ground
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 210C/410F.
- Peel the potatoes and slice in wedge shapes.
- Coat with the oil, garam masala, salt and pepper.
- For best results, spread in a single layer* in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, toss the wedges around a bit, bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve and devour.
Sharing these wedges at #freefromfridays, Plant-Based Potluck and Healthy Vegan Fridays.
If you try this recipe (or any other recipe), feel free to post a photo on Instagram and tag me @viedelavegan and #viedelavegan. I would love to see your creations!
- Instagram feed not found.