I had the pleasure of hosting lunch yesterday for two of my friends from high school. (Hello Helen and Ellen, if you’re stalking my blog ;) )
- 3 small potatoes
- 2 carrots
- ½ capsicum
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 loaf of bread
- 3 large cos lettuce leaves
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into half-moons.
- Boil the potatoes until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Grate the carrot, slice the capsicum and onion, place in a large bowl.
- Add the boiled potato pieces.
- Mix together with the mayonnaise.
- Slice the top of the loaf off and scoop out the bread from the centre of the loaf.
- Line the hollow loaf with the lettuce leaves.
- Fill with salad.
- Chill or serve immediately.
You can make the salad a day ahead, and compile the loaf on the day, to save time.