I was so excited when I received a packet of Matcha Maiden’s Mix n Matcha blend in the mail recently! I have been seeing mouthwatering, healthy, green-tinted recipes EVERYWHERE using matcha powder…now I had the chance to make some myself!
Matcha Maiden‘s matcha powder is made from Japanese certified organic stone-ground green tea leaves, and can contain as much as 137 times the amount of antioxidants found in brewed green tea.
Matcha powder offers a lot of health benefits including:
- boosting your metabolism
- giving you more energy
- increasing your concentration and focus
- clearing up your skin
- strengthening your immune system
- and improving your general well-being.
After trying this superfood for myself, I can totally vouch for many of these health benefits! Matcha contains a small amount of caffeine which gives you a burst of energy, but also L-theanine which mellows out that caffeine-high and relaxes you, while still stimulating your mind. When the afternoon wears on and becomes tiresome, I like to treat myself to some matcha – in a smoothie, muffins, or this mint-matcha icecream recipe I’m about to share – and get a boost of energy to carry on for the rest of the day.
After playing around with a few recipes using my new favourite superfood, I realised mint and matcha make an awesome team! The slightly bitter, earthy taste of matcha is balanced out with the cool sweetness of mint. And of course, cool mint = cool icecream. This creamy dessert goes down a treat, and helps me concentrate when I’m blogging late at night!
And best of all, it took less than 5 minutes to prepare (not including a few hours of freezing) – easiest dessert ever!
- 400ml coconut cream
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbs fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- 1 tbs Matcha Maiden Mix n Matcha blend
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into a shallow freezer-safe container.
- Freeze for 1 hour then stir to break up ice crystals.
- Continue to freeze and stir at hourly intervals for 4-5 hours, or until fairly frozen.
- Scoop out and serve straight away.
Sharing this icecream at Savoring Saturdays, Plant-based Potluck, Healthy Vegan Fridays, and Gluten Free Fridays <3
Are you following Vie De La Vegan on Instagram yet?
- Instagram feed not found.
I’d love to hear from you!
- Have you tried matcha?
- What is your favourite way to eat/drink matcha?