As I mentioned in my last mango post, I’ve been given HEAPS of mangoes from my mum’s mango tree. One of the things I’ve been dying to make all year is a mango cheesecake. I’ve seriously been waiting since last summer to get some cheap (or free!) mangoes so I can make it. And finally, it’s happened.
I made a pretty basic modification to my 5 ingredient lemon cheesecake – I left out the lemon and added mango. And that’s it. Just almonds and medjool dates for the base, and mango, bananas and coconut oil for the cheesecake. It sounds pretty stupid calling it a cheesecake actually, it doesn’t even resemble cheese at all, haha! Maybe “mango nicecream cake” would be a more appropriate name…whatever you want to call it, it is a deliciously cool dessert.
I love using bananas as a base for “cheesecakes” – they add sweetness and give the perfect creamy texture, without being fatty or rich in calories. Despite there being more bananas than mango in this cake, the bananas are not overpowering – it tastes like mango!
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup medjool dates
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 mango
- Add almonds to food processor and blend until coursely chopped.
- Add pitted dates and blend until a sort of dough forms.
- Press this into the bottom of a small dish lined with baking paper (about 3 inches by 8 inches).
- Don't bother cleaning out the food processor - add the coconut oil, bananas and mango and blend until smooth.
- Pour this over the top of the base.
- Freeze for 3 hours before slicing and serving.
- Keep uneaten portions in the freezer.
This recipe is being shared at Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck, Meatless Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, Merry Monday, Corn-Free Everyday Link Party, Healthy Happy Green & Natural Blog Hop, Real Food Wednesday, Try A New Recipe Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, and Tasty Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to share <3 thank you!