If you are a frequent reader of Vie De La Vegan (hello, blogging friends!) you will know I have heaps of mangoes to spare right now. So I’m using them in all sorts of concoctions. My latest mango inspired recipe is this mango pan vegan pizza.
It’s summer. It’s hot. Who wants to turn on the oven and heat up the house even more? This vegan pizza is quick to make, and is cooked over the stove too. The thin, crispy base won’t give you that heavy feeling from over-indulging in a deep pan pizza base.
I also love the addition of mango on this pizza! I’m sure I’ve seen mango on pizzas at gourmet pizza restaurants (maybe with prawns or something…) but never tried it. But it adds a tasty tropical flavour. Like pineapple on pizzas. My kids loved the mango on their pizzas too, so these pizzas were a successful meal in my house!
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 mango
- ½ onion
- ¼ red capsicum
- ½ cup stuffed green olives
- Good handful of spinach leaves
- 6 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Make a dough by combining the flour, water and salt. If it's too dry, add a little more water, or if it's too sticky add a little more flour.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll out thinly, until they have a diameter of around 20cm.
- Prepare the vegetables for the pizzas - dice the mango, onion and capsicum.
- Spread 2 tsp of sweet chilli sauce onto each of the pizza bases.
- Put one base into a frying pan (sauce side up) and top with the spinach, olives, mango, onion, capsicum and vegan cheese, if using.
- Put the frying pan over a low heat, cover, cook for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the pan and repeat the process for the next 2 pizzas.
- Slice and serve immediately!
Linking up at Real Food Friday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck, Real Food Wednesday, Corn-Free Everyday link up, Meatless Monday, Mix It Up Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, Merry Monday, Healthy Happy Green & Natural Blog Hop, Tasty Tuesday and Try A New Recipe Tuesday.
Comment and tell me:
- Is pizza a regular meal at your house?
- Do you prefer thin & crispy or deep pan?
- What are your favourite pizza toppings?