I love the variety of fruits available during summer. Watermelons, apricots, peaches, mangoes, cherries…when these start appearing in abundance at the grocery store, you know summer has really started.
So I bought a large bag of cherries the other day, and me and the kids have been snacking on them, a few at a time. Precious, tasty little mouthfuls of sweet joy…we have been eating them like each cherry is worth it’s weight in gold. So I felt a bit guilty when I got up one morning before the kids were awake and chucked a whole handful of cherries in my morning smoothie. Just a little bit guilty…
Although having a smoothie like this for breakfast for breakfast SHOULD make me feel guilty. So sweet and chocolatey. It’s just like having a Cherry Ripe bar for breakfast. Only healthy. (On a side note, I should totally buy some more cherries and make a healthy veganised Cherry Ripe-style bar…mmm…)
- 1 banana
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 2 handfuls cherries, deseeded
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ cup oat milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Cacao nibs to serve
- Blend all ingredients except cacao nibs until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle cacao nibs on top.
- Slurp and enjoy!
- Do you get up early and indulge in yummy food so you don’t have to share?
- What are your favourite summer fruits?
- What were your favourite non-vegan chocolate bars? (I can’t decide between Bounty or Cherry Ripe…)