I’ve had a packet of dried cranberries sitting in the back of the pantry for ages. I was saving them for something but I’ve had them for so long now I totally forgot what I had planned! Has that ever happened to you?
So I decided to use them. And this was the result – moist muffins with sweet spots of plump cranberries and sultanas. My family devoured 8 of these muffins within an hour of getting them out of the oven. I had to hide the rest so I could have some too!
Luckily I did hide them, as I managed to eat one for breakfast the next day. Still super delicious! “This recipe is a winner,” my husband told me.
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 cup oat milk
- 100ml olive oil
- Combine the sultanas, cranberries, orange juice and chia seeds in a bowl and rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, oats and sugar.
- Add the oat milk and olive oil, combine well.
- Add the sultana mix and fold in until combined.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin papers.
- Fill each muffin paper ¾ full with the mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.