Lately it seems that everywhere I look, someone is posting a cookie recipe with oats! And how I love a good oat cookie. There’s just something so wholesome about oats…porridge, oat milk, adding oats to smoothies, breads, muffins…they make cookies seem healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
Here are 6 of the best-looking vegan oat cookie recipes that I have found recently.
Oat & Cashew Thumbprint Cookies with Berry Chia Jam at thisrawesomeveganlife.com
Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies at fatfreevegan.com
Healthy Coconut Cookies at happyfoodhealthylife.com
5 Ingredient Oat Cookies at minimalistbaker.com
Vegan Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies at dailyomnivore.wordpress.com
Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies at veganricha.com
- 2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 250g Nuttelex (or other vegan margarine)
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsps boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix oats, flour, coconut and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine and golden syrup, and remove from heat.
- Mix the bicarb and boiling water in a cup.
- Add the bicarb and water to the melted butter/golden syrup and mix quickly.
- Add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Form tablespoonfuls of the mix into balls, flatten slightly on greased trays, leaving 5cm between biscuits.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool slightly before removing from trays (they will be soft when still hot but harden up with cooling).