We love curry. My kids love it. My husband loves it. I have been known to eat curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Curry night is always a winner in our house! I usually make some sort of curry each week…tomato chickpea curry, cauliflower curry, curried tofu, potato spinach curry…the variations of curry are almost endless.
When I first met my husband, he told me he would cook a potato pumpkin curry for me one night. And he did – I soon found out he was a pretty good cook!
I made a potato pumpkin curry last night and although it wasn’t like that first potato pumpkin curry we shared, it transported my mind back 7 years ago when we met and were getting to know each other. Ahh sweet love! It’s no wonder curry is such a favourite in our household.
Sharing with Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck #13
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder (or salt to taste)
- 3 potatoes
- 750g kent pumpkin
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 400mL coconut cream
- 300mL passata
- 1½ cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Firstly prepare the vegetables - peel and finely dice the onion, peel and dice the potatoes into 2cm chunks, remove skin off pumpkin and chop into 2-3cm chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, curry powder, turmeric, garam masala, pepper and stock powder.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes over a medium heat, then add the potatoes and pumpkin and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat the vegetables in the spices.
- Add the chickpeas, coconut cream and passata, stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low, and cook for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Serve the curry with rice and a few sprigs of fresh cilantro leaf.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider clicking on one of the Google ads on this page so I can earn a few cents :) thank you!