I have just spent the weekend changing the blog over to a swanky new WordPress site – what do you think about the new look? Seeing as I managed to do it without breaking the website too much (let me know if you find any errors!) I decided to celebrate by making a decadent chocolate cake.
Complete with buttercream icing and fresh strawberries.
Unfortunately I had to share it with my kids. And husband. And mother too. I really would have loved to just hide in the kitchen and devour it myself. Making (and breaking) websites is hard work!
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup stevia powder
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 cup oatmilk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a cake tin.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, stevia, sugar, cacao, baking powder, arrowroot) in a large bowl.
- In a smaller container, combine oatmilk, olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Add oatmilk mixture to dry ingredients, and combine well.
- Mash the banana really well and add to cake mixture.
- Mix cake mixture until all combined and no lumps.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for an hour at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Let cool then top with buttercream icing.
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp cacao powder
125g vegan margarine (I used Nuttelex)
1 tbsp oatmilk
Combine icing sugar and cacao powder.
Mash in the vegan margarine and add the oatmilk.
Combine really well until there are no lumps.
Spread onto the cooled cake. Refrigerate cake for the buttercream icing to become firmer.
Top with sliced strawberries, serve and enjoy :)