The other morning I woke up and as usual, my thoughts turned to breakfast.
I looked in the fridge. Tofu. Broccoli. Parsley. Probably not your typical breakfast but they were calling my name! Then I remembered I had some frozen pineapple hiding in the freezer too…
As I was making this, my husband was eyeing the frying pan suspiciously (he is a plain toast kinda breakfast person)…but seriously, it was an awesome breakfast! But you could serve it up with rice or soba noodles or something similar and it would make a great stirfry dinner.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g firm tofu
- 3 broccoli florets
- 1 small onion
- Handful frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Splash soy sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Finely chop the tofu, broccoli and onion (if the pineapple chunks are too large give them a chop too).
- Add to the frying pan and cook, stirring often, until the tofu starts to brown.
- Chop the parsley and add to the frying pan with the soy sauce, curry powder and pepper.
- Stir through and cook for a further minute, then remove from heat.
- Eat as is, or serve with rice or soba noodles.